January 19, 2013

Lately..

Finally the holidays are over! The craziness and food and festivities have slowed down, and oh wow, we're already smack dab in the middle of boring, blah January. Between work and Starbucks and more work, I've had a little time to pick up a few great products here and there that I have really enjoyed!



Talk about el cheapo! I grabbed this stuff last minute as I was checking out at Ulta. This stuff is ah-may-zhing!! It has a great citrusy smell, which I love, and left my skin feeling so clean and refreshed. I currently use this 2-3 times a week. I've def gotta give myself a pat on the back for grabbing it! And for $5.99, you really can't beat it! 



Another great cheapy I picked up at Ulta. After seeing raves on Instagram and Twitter about this product, I decided to give it a go. I've been a die-hard Clinique girl since late Spring of 2012, but I must say, this stuff is awesome! It does a great job. My skin has been a little on the dry side since using it..I'm not sure if it is the product or the crazy weather, or both. 



It's a miracle for sure. After deciding to go all-out fake ginger and putting my hair through the torture treatment of coloring every 3 weeks, I'm pretty sure this stuff is the reason my hair is still surviving. It sometimes leaves my hair feeling slightly heavy and weighed down, but I think my conditioner is partly to blame.


I picked up the travel size at Ulta and have been really impressed! The brush is great. The mascara goes on very smooth, and you can build up your lashes without it getting clump or cakey. No TFB eyes. Period. I have both the full size and the travel size, and I actually like the travel size better. It has the full size brush but the wand is hardly two inches long, so, for me, I can be a little more precise with the application. Great mascara either way!



Grabbed a few of these in the travel size to keep in my purse, in my car, at work. It's winter and we all know what that means..dry, dry, dry skin. I have a weird thing about dry hands - it creeps me out and this lotion keeps them quenched and soft. It has a pleasant smell and leaves your hands feeling moisturized, but not greasy.


In other news..
I joined Planet Fitness on a whim several months ago, and I've finally managed to take the time to actually go. I've never been a fan of gyms and health clubs, but with my work schedule, PF works out fairly well, as it is open 24-hours. I went with the upgraded Black Card option so I could have the option of *gasp* tanning, but I've actually been using the UV-free Beauty Angel. I'm still not sold, but I'm willing enough to stick with it to see what happens. And the vibrating plate that you stand on it a complete trip..it's supposed to help tighten your skin and improve muscle tone, but all I know is it makes my thighs jiggle. The company says the vibrations are similar to what astronauts use to keep their muscles toned while in space..when it started vibrating, I'm pretty sure "Houston, we have a problem," was more what crossed my mind than anything.

I've also officially converted by to the dark side..of hair color that is. I loved my red hair. It suited me so well, but the upkeep was pretty much ridiculous. I like clean hair. If I'm holed up my house for the weekend, it's one thing to skip washing my hair, but it's two-day hair max any other time. And the second day, it's usually pulled up. I literally cannot stand dirty hair. Thus, away washed my beautiful ginger color, and I was left with a weird reddish blah mess. So brunette I went..

Weird faded red..
 

Much better brunette..

What can I say? I needed a change.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs